After School Classes
Cooking after school classes will empower your child to make independent & healthy food choices.
Unlike other classes with The Connected Chef, our after school classes focus solely on cooking. Your child will be given in depth instruction that will build their cooking skills.
Their time with The Connected Chef will allow them to develop a deep knowledge of where their food comes from and how it’s prepared.
Our goal in after school classes?
Independence in the kitchen
With consistent exposure and instruction, they will move towards the ability to cook and create dishes on their own.
The backbone of after school classes
With their learned knife skills & safety and knowledge of various methods and techniques of cooking, you will notice that your kiddo will begin to help you in the kitchen more and more.
By learning to cook with their senses and not just read a recipe, kids able to learn the science behind cooking. They will focus on the WHY and HOW of cooking and not just WHAT they are cooking.
Our after school classes provide a VAST opportunity for your child to learn how to problem solve. Your child will learn to troubleshoot as things go awry and actively work their problem solving muscles.
Children are guided in visualizing a dish, thinking through their processes, learning to effectively lay out the steps to creating a dish
- What went wrong?
- Why did this work?
- What could I do differently next time?
- How can I make this better?
These are questions, students are prompted to ask regularly in class.
How do I get my child started with after school classes?
We are excited to announce our move to a Monthly Membership Program for our students.
This will allow for more consistency for your kiddo and more affordable pricing for parents!
For new students: Try our classes before committing!
- Sign up for a "New Student Drop In" class and choose a date/time that works for you.
- Check out a class to make sure it's the right fit for you and your child.
- Once you are ready - Register for the "Monthly Membership Program" via our scheduler
- You will receive a confirmation email and contract from our client care coordinator, Maryann
- Every month, there will be an automatic deduction in your account for the program.
Once a member:
- You can change class times for another day should your schedule change
- Your payment is now lowered than our previous series model when you sign up as a member
- You can cancel at any time with 30 days notice
- Enjoy the benefits of ongoing classes that change with the seasons and give your child the opportunity to get outside and in the garden in the warm months and stay cozy and busy when the weather isn't so hot.
When committing to more than 1 month - Use code MEMBERSHIP for your 10%
If you have ANY questions, at ANY time, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.