Weekend Cooking & Gardening Classes
Kids Cooking and Gardening Classes are a unique experience for NYC kids.
With consistent exposure and instruction, we guide your child through the systems of food
and aim to close the gap between how their food is grow & prepared.
With all the benefits of our kids cooking classes, plus so much more!
When children are given the chance to safely explore beyond their comfort zone they surprise themselves & build both bravery and independence .
Our goal in cooking & gardening weekend classes?
Exposing kids to WHERE their food comes from & HOW it is prepared.
Your child will see first hand, the processes and hard work behind growing food and getting it to the plate.
The conceptual backbone of weekend classes
Your child will learn the in depth processes of composting and how it affects their greater community and world. They will problem solve various compost methods and learn the cycle of decomposition.
All of our students have an in depth understanding of HOW composting works and WHY it is so important.
-- And playing with worms from our bins are always an added bonus 🙂
Cooking with Your Senses
It all comes back to the kitchen. There is nothing more magical than your child seeing and taking part in the growth of their own food and then getting the chance to prepare and eat it too!
As the fruits and vegetables in their garden grow, your child will learn to take those ingredients and cook seasonally with them.
As always, the foundational skills of cooking are practiced weekly. Your kiddo will learn proper knife skills, flavor building & the science behind cooking.
How do I get my child started with after school classes?
We are excited to announce our move to a Monthly Membership Program for our students.
This will allow for more consistency for your kiddo and more affordable pricing for parents!
For new students: Try our classes before committing!
- Sign up for a "New Student Drop In" class and choose a date/time that works for you.
- Check out a class to make sure it's the right fit for you and your child.
- Once you are ready - Register for the "Monthly Membership Program" via our scheduler
- You will receive a confirmation email and contract from our client care coordinator, Maryann
- Every month, there will be an automatic deduction in your account for the program.
Once a member:
- You can change class times for another day should your schedule change
- Your payment is now lowered than our previous series model when you sign up as a member
- You can cancel at any time with 30 days notice
- Enjoy the benefits of ongoing classes that change with the seasons and give your child the opportunity to get outside and in the garden in the warm months and stay cozy and busy when the weather isn't so hot.
When committing to more than 1 month - Use code MEMBERSHIP for your 10%
If you have ANY questions, at ANY time, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.